Outlook no previewer installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a local installation of Office 2010.
    When I start Outlook, I see a preview of the message in a reading pane. When I click the Excel or Word attachment I see a preview of the document. So far, so good.

When I start Outlook inside a App-V sequence (with /appvve of with the use of the RunVirtual-key) I cannot see a preview of the Excel or Word attachment. I get the message "this file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it".
    Looking at the "File Previewing Options" the Microsoft Excel previewer and Word previewer are available and selected.

I have tried different sequences. Also tried to use a test-sequence with a dummy file, regkey and shortcut.
    I also tried various documents, so it is not due to the documents.
    It is not possible to preview the attachments when starting Outlook inside a App-V sequence.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Maybe someone knows a solution?

Monday, June 29, 2015 2:39 PM

Answers

• Ok, now I understand your question.

Try Disabling protected mode in Excel or Word. If still the issue pertains, then I believe that the preview option requires word or excel also to be present or loaded inside the virtual bubble. Since you have started outlook alone within the virtual bubble of app X, it is not able to access the word or excel when preview option is selected.

For example to preview a Word attachment, you must have Word installed and loaded inside the virtual bubble. To preview an Excel attachment, you must have Excel installed and loaded inside the virtual bubble.

Hope the above said, answers your need.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• Have you sequenced entire Office 2010 using ODT? How you sequenced?

Sequencing steps for office 2010 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2830069?wa=wsignin1.0

If you have sequenced following the above steps, then I am pretty sure the issue would not have occurred.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:08 AM
  • Office 2010 is not sequenced. It is locally installed.

I want to start Outlook with another app-v using RunVirtual.
    Then I cannot see a preview of the Excel or Word attachment.
    Starting Outlook Without RunVirtual (or /appvve) I can see the preview of the attachment.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Ok, now I understand your question.

Try Disabling protected mode in Excel or Word. If still the issue pertains, then I believe that the preview option requires word or excel also to be present or loaded inside the virtual bubble. Since you have started outlook alone within the virtual bubble of app X, it is not able to access the word or excel when preview option is selected.

For example to preview a Word attachment, you must have Word installed and loaded inside the virtual bubble. To preview an Excel attachment, you must have Excel installed and loaded inside the virtual bubble.

Hope the above said, answers your need.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Thanks for you comment.
    I have disabled the protected mode. There is still no preview possible.

Installing Word inside the sequence is not desirable. But I'm going to try if I have time. Then I know it is a solution for problem. (It is not a big problem: Opening the attachment works fine, only the preview is not working)

For now I'm going to install the other software locally.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:33 AM