Biztalk send port wrong status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Having trouble with Biztalk 2010 MP where the send port show wrong status in SCOM console. At the Biztalk admin console the send port are disable but in SCOM console in the Send Ports State View it shows as healthy. This correspond to sevral send ports.

I can't see any warnings or errors related to this in the ops log on the client or on the management server. The only thing I can see in the log on the client are warnings about "A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing" and this corresponds to send port discoverys. The discovery has the default intervall of 12 hours.

I have flushed the agent on the client and made an override so the management server talks only to one Biztalk server. The agents are proxy enabled.

The SSO service are running on the Biztalk server and has been restarted whit no luck.

Has anybody had the same problem?

My best

Peter 

Friday, December 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Answers

• The thing was that the Biztalk nodes had to mutch to do. By adding one more processor (virtual machines) to each host it started to report correct status.
    • Marked as answer by Peter Ekelöf Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you followed the management pack guide to deploy the Biztalk MP? Please make sure required monitors are enabled. In addition, here is a thread regarding to biztalk discovering, hope it can be helpful:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/b4c6e98d-ac80-4bc4-b92f-b8959148d637/scom-2007-not-discovering-biztalk-2010-biztalk-mp-documentation-question?forum=operationsmanagergeneral

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

We have had this Biztalk MP running for a while and it´s some what working. It´s just these send/recive port status that show the wrong status in SCOM. I  change the interval for the send port discovery from 43800 sec to 57600 sec yesterday. For a while the status showed up correct but when I check today it was back showing wrong status. Have change the Biztalk Group Discovery to the other Biztalk node in the group to see if it makes any change. How long can the send port discovery interval bee?

Regards

Peter

Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

From my point of view, the default interval should be fine, whether other node work fine?

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 15, 2014 4:58 AM
  • The thing was that the Biztalk nodes had to mutch to do. By adding one more processor (virtual machines) to each host it started to report correct status.
    • Marked as answer by Peter Ekelöf Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:55 AM
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:55 AM