APP-V 4.6 64 Bit client and 4.5 Sequenced applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having a problem using the 4.6 64bit client on windows 7.  I am trying to manually install an application using the virtulisation mmc interface. I follow these steps:

1. Copy the App-V package locally to the C: Drive of my client.

2. I edit the OSD file in the package to allow client Win764

3. I add the application using the virtulisation interface by pointing at the local OSD above.

4. The application appears to install correctly and I get it in my list of applications

5. However if I try and load the app I never get any files added to the cache

6. If I try and run the app it just sits there checkign for updates ( Which I dont know why beacuse everything is local) and then fails with the error that it cannot connect to the virtulisation server at this time?

I have tried restarting the Services and using different APP-V packages but all do the same. Any ideas?

Thanks

Davoud

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:10 AM

Answers

• Try using the SFTMIME ADD PACKAGE command instead: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817181.aspx. You'll need to add the OVERRIDEURL switch to specify the location of the .SFT file.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:22 PM