none
Remove Persistent Chat from topology? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have inherited a Lync 2013 Environment with 3 Sites.

One of our sites had an issue and everyone got a "your chat room access may be limited due to an outage" notice.

We do not use Persistent Chat.  On digging deeper, I think this stopped in testing.

We have 3 PChat servers (front ends and databases).  We only have one "Category" which contained 3 rooms with 3 members. All 3 are IT and do not use PChat.  (Nothing but aaaa, bbbb, etc. in those rooms)

So, I would like to remove that feature from our servers.  There are many layers to this and do not want to get the order wrong.

Is there a step-by-step of decommissioning (not upgrading to new servers) the Persistent Chat feature from Lync 2013?

Monday, April 16, 2018 1:15 PM

Answers

• If you don't use it, I wouldn't worry too much, but I'd perform the following steps:

1) Remove all rooms

2) Remove all categories

3) Get-CsPersistentChatEndpoint | Remove-CsPersistentChatEndpoint

4) Set-CsPersistentChatActiveServer -Identity "PChatServerCollection" -ActiveServers $Null

5) Remove from topology and publish

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Brett.Janzen Friday, April 20, 2018 4:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Steve BerkHolz Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:00 PM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:26 PM