none
Long time taking to login

Question

• I have a windows 7 laptop and working fine whenever i am in office. But if i try to login with my laptop at home it takes too much time to login. I also tried it in office via shutting down all DC's. then windows 7 machine takes too much time to login, while if DC's are running then it login early. 

Can anyone help me to this problem?

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:58 AM

Answers

• HI,

Are you going to login to a domain? I have a few questions that have to confirm with you:

1.If DC is running, what is the difference of login between your home and office?

2.If DC is shut down, what is the  difference of login between your home and office?

3.If DC is shut down, do other machines login with the same problem as you?

As I know, if DC is shut down or can't be accessed, you logon using the logon information cached previously. So that is why you logon slow when DC is shut down or when you logon at home. 

At work, the client collects the information that is needed to select a domain controller, and then passes the information to the Netlogon service by using the DsGetDcName call.  However, when you are at home, this information is not available and the client will attempt using cached information about the previously known Domain Controllers.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:37 AM

All replies

• HI,

Are you going to login to a domain? I have a few questions that have to confirm with you:

1.If DC is running, what is the difference of login between your home and office?

2.If DC is shut down, what is the  difference of login between your home and office?

3.If DC is shut down, do other machines login with the same problem as you?

As I know, if DC is shut down or can't be accessed, you logon using the logon information cached previously. So that is why you logon slow when DC is shut down or when you logon at home. 

At work, the client collects the information that is needed to select a domain controller, and then passes the information to the Netlogon service by using the DsGetDcName call.  However, when you are at home, this information is not available and the client will attempt using cached information about the previously known Domain Controllers.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:37 AM
  • Hi,

What is going on?

Any updates?

Have you benefit from the suggestions?

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

Got the answer. Thanks for reply.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:33 AM