none
Lock Screen using GPO

Question

• I have changed the background and lock screen setting using the GPO and provide the custom image for background and lock screen. Background image is working fine but lock screen image is not coming. even it is showing in the registry.

Any one have solution for this.

Thursday, May 12, 2016 5:22 AM

Answers

• I got it. Lock screen image is not working because I have windows 2012 R2 and windows7. Policy is clearly saying that  client should be windows 8  or 8.1. I have check on windows 8 and 8.1 it is working fine.

• Marked as answer by It EDC Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:32 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:32 AM

All replies

• I got it. Lock screen image is not working because I have windows 2012 R2 and windows7. Policy is clearly saying that  client should be windows 8  or 8.1. I have check on windows 8 and 8.1 it is working fine.

• Marked as answer by It EDC Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:32 AM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate your update and share. I am sure that it will be great help to others who have the same question.
    Thank you again.
    Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 1:28 AM
  • I have change the lock screen image and file is updated on the all the computer. I have apply the policy with the new file name but policy is not updating the new lock screen image on the computers. Any one have idea how to fix it.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:48 AM