none
Showing over-allocation during Vacation exception. RRS feed

• Question

• I have set a resource calendar to have a vacation exception for 2 weeks (13/03/2017 to 24/03/2017).  In a project, there is a task that runs through those 2 weeks where this resource is assigned to it (the task runs from 13/03/2017 to 07/04/2017).  For some reason, it shows the resource as over-allocated on 13/03/2017, but correctly shows them not available the remaining 9 days of their vacation.

I set another task with another resource that has vacation from 24/04/2017 to 02/05/2017.  Again, for some odd reason it shows 1 day (28/04/2017) as over-allocated, but all the rest of the resources days as not available.

How is this possible?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume, that you start project with "Load Summary Resource Assignments" enabled.

With this option enabled, you will see also allocation from other projects. I assume that overallocation is caused by other projects, which had not been updated after inserting vacation.

See my sample: I created one project with a one day task. Afterwards, I created calendar exceptions as yyou described. Then I create my new project: it is showing overallocation, since there is work scheduled during vacation in first (not updated) project. But in my project, the schedule reflects all days off.

If you apply Resource Usage view as main view, you will see project name causing this overallocation. If you use this view in View - Split View - Details, you will only see a summary of all other projects.

Are my assumptions correct?

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:14 AM