none
FAST + SharePoint. Content Crawled, verified on server, can't get results?

Question

• I've been fighting this issue for a few days and need some help.

I've set up an environment containing a SharePoint in FARM mode (currently only with one server however, will add additional servers later) and a 2-node FAST environment.  I configured FAST according to the technet walkthrough, including both setting up the secure communication with securefastconnector and also following the instructions for exporting the cert from SharePoint and running the installstscert script on each FAST box.

I crawled a web site to do some initial testing and everything worked fine.  Search was working without an issue.

I then went in and added a new ECT, and created a ManagedProperty to map to the CrawledProperty named "315", which is the fast "content source" property to query against.  To make sure this was populated for both my site crawl and my new ECT< I cleared the index from the FASTContent SSA and I also ran the Clear-FASTSearchContentCollection 'sp' command on the fast server, then kicked off a full crawl of both content sources.

Since then, I have been completely unable to get any results from the FAST Search center.

I ran Get-FASTSearchContentCollection to be sure the documentcount was correct.  It was, with a correct timestamp for last input.  I even enabled ffdumper and re-cleared and re-crawled and checked the .ffd files to be sure that the data was being properly crawled.  I also reviewed the crawled properties in the Fast Search Administration section to be sure that the properties are marked as "include in index", and they are. 

However, I still am unable to get search results from the QRServer page on the fast admin box or from the FAST search center page.

I'm at a complete standstill and am in dire need of resolving this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can provide any additional information if it is necessary.  Thanks.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Could you run the command: "indexerinfo status" on the FAST admin box, and pay attention to the "not_indexed" attribute

<documents size="48819424.000000" total="233" indexed="232" not_indexed="1"/>

In the sample line above I have 233 documents in my index (also the number reported by Get-FASTSearchContentCollection) and one document which has been processed by the pipeline, but has not entered the index. Usually this number should be "0".

If yours is > 0, it might be that the indexer has been suspended for some reason, and you can issue "indexeradmin resumeindexing" and see if that will kick it alive. If it does you should see a CPU spike on your machine, and the not_indexed number should go down.

If this doesn't help, try "indexeradmin resetindex" which will refeed all the items internally and rebuild the index.

You don't say anything about how your 2 server system is set up regarding rows or columns. If you have more than one row or column you have to specify the --row and --column parameter when issuing "indexeradmin". It will default to column 0 in row 0.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:18 PM
  • It does sound like you have been thorough in your debugging steps. Is it possible that this is related to content security? Also, have you seen anything in the Fast logs in the %FASTSEARCH%\var\logs directory tree?
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:25 PM
  • I've been fighting this issue for a few days and need some help.

I've set up an environment containing a SharePoint in FARM mode (currently only with one server however, will add additional servers later) and a 2-node FAST environment.  I configured FAST according to the technet walkthrough, including both setting up the secure communication with securefastconnector and also following the instructions for exporting the cert from SharePoint and running the installstscert script on each FAST box.

I crawled a web site to do some initial testing and everything worked fine.  Search was working without an issue.

I then went in and added a new ECT, and created a ManagedProperty to map to the CrawledProperty named "315", which is the fast "content source" property to query against.  To make sure this was populated for both my site crawl and my new ECT< I cleared the index from the FASTContent SSA and I also ran the Clear-FASTSearchContentCollection 'sp' command on the fast server, then kicked off a full crawl of both content sources.

Since then, I have been completely unable to get any results from the FAST Search center.

I ran Get-FASTSearchContentCollection to be sure the documentcount was correct.  It was, with a correct timestamp for last input.  I even enabled ffdumper and re-cleared and re-crawled and checked the .ffd files to be sure that the data was being properly crawled.  I also reviewed the crawled properties in the Fast Search Administration section to be sure that the properties are marked as "include in index", and they are. 

However, I still am unable to get search results from the QRServer page on the fast admin box or from the FAST search center page.

I'm at a complete standstill and am in dire need of resolving this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can provide any additional information if it is necessary.  Thanks.

Where is the FAST walkthrough on TechNet you mentioned?
    spammers $uck
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Johan,

It's located under "Deployment" at TechNet - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381267.aspx

Just follow each step from Install and onward.

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:43 PM