none
How do I transfer Office 2010 pro plus from one computer to another?

Question

• I have uninstalled a copy of Office 2010 Pro Plus from one computer, I also ran the fixit utility to make sure its completely removed. I have now installed it on another computer but I'm not able to activate it now that its on another computer. Is there something I can do to get this Office 2010 activated on the second computer?

Laura

• Moved by Harry Yuan Thursday, April 14, 2011 9:08 AM (From:Office 2010 Setup and Deployment)
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:36 PM

Answers

• Every product key has a number of activations associated with it, and this number is stored on Microsoft's activation servers.  When you're using the key on a different computer, the key may have already run out of activations.  Since you uninstalled Office on one machine and you want to install it on another one, then that's a valid reason to be able to activate on your new machine.  Please call Microsoft support and explain the situation to them.  They should either give you another key or increase the number of activations on your current key.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:16 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 8:26 AM

All replies

• Every product key has a number of activations associated with it, and this number is stored on Microsoft's activation servers.  When you're using the key on a different computer, the key may have already run out of activations.  Since you uninstalled Office on one machine and you want to install it on another one, then that's a valid reason to be able to activate on your new machine.  Please call Microsoft support and explain the situation to them.  They should either give you another key or increase the number of activations on your current key.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:16 AM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 8:26 AM
  • What is the numbr for Microsoft Support?
    Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:02 PM
  • I would like to know as well.
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 6:32 AM
  • To contact MS for Activation support, this article should help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

or in the US, 1-800-MICROSOFT

Don

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:11 AM