none
Convert trial version to a license version RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, everyone.

My MOSS 2007 trial version is expired and I'm trying to change the license type. I went to Central Administration, Operations, Upgrade and Migration and Convert License Type. I put in the product key code and after a while it said: Failure - check logs for information. I don't understand anything from the log.

Does anyone have the same experience? any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've seen this happen.

In my case, it told me that the upgrade failed, but it actually worked.  So, maybe it's working for you and it's just giving you a false negative?

--Paul Galvin, Conchango
      RSS @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulGalvinsSharepointSpace
      Web site @ http://paulgalvin.spaces.live.com

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:29 PM
  • Another possibility I guess is that the original Trial installation was Enterprise Edition and the license key used was for the Standard edition.

While you can go from a Trial Standard edition to a production Enterprise edition, you can't go back from Enterprise to Standard.

Mike Walsh

Friday, December 28, 2007 11:37 AM
  • I guess it is a problem caused by the mismatch of Enterprise Edition and Standard edition (like Mike said). Please ensure you are providing license information for the proper version.

Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:57 AM
  • Happy New Year 2008 to all!!!

Thank you all for your input. This problem is resolved. So how, it's working now. I don't know exactly how I got it but it's working now. I tried entering the Standard product key first, it failed. Then, I tried the Enterprise product key, it failed too. I reran the Sharepoint Configuration and reboot the server and now it's working with the Enterprise Client Access license.

Weird...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:36 PM