outlook 2016 sending email, operation failed RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Outlook
    The operation failed.  The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.
    P1: 301670
    P2: 16.0.4266.1001
    P3: aldbzP4: 0x80070718

this is the event log that I'm getting from outlook when this error occurs it has only been happening over the last day or so, nothing has changed in terms of the OS or hardware, it has just all of a sudden started.

I have followed the errors instructions and restarted outlook, this solved the issue for around 2 hours but it then started again, I am going to delete the profiles from the outlook folder in my documents and see if that works

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 12:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Dear user,

It's a commonly seen error in Outlook and is generally appears when we are trying to click Send /Receive in Outlook. You can fix this Outlook reported error (0×8004010f) just by creating new Outlook profile. Sometimes corrupt Outlook data file is the root cause while sending/receiving in Outlook. You should take an attempt to recover OST data if Outlook is used in conjunction of Exchange Server.

You need to follow below steps to create new Outlook profile.

step 1. Go through Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    step 2. Double-click the Mail icon.
    step 3. In Mail Setup dialog box hit the "Show Profiles".
    step 4. Click Prompt for a profile to be used then hit the add.
    step 5. Type new profile name
    step 6. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, select Add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options, and then click Next.
    step 7. Choose type of server then next
    step 8. Complete all detailed information and click finish

I would like to suggest you a blog which will describe how to create new Outlook profile with the help of screenshots.
    http://www.emaildoctor.org/blog/the-operation-failed-an-object-could-not-be-found-0x8004010f/

Hope it will help you !!

Cheers !!

• Edited by aliceaggie Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:33 AM
    Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi sdavidson,

>> I am going to delete the profiles from the outlook folder in my documents and see if that works

How's everything going with this issue after recreating the profile?
    Did you have a Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook account and a Microsoft Exchange Server account configured in the same Outlook profile, which might cause the error message, see this link.

If the error continues, please try referring to the link below to repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost):

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Besides, it is also suggested to try repairing Office via Control Panel and see if the issue can be fixed.

Hope this can be helpful. Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance on this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:39 AM
  • The year is 2018 and what we have here is microsoft failing to do the simplest, mundane, task. 

I am not sure if I am upset or surprised. 

Office from microsoft has to be the most bloated, error prone software in the history of software.

Only microsoft would be in the year 2018, having problems with sending a goddamn email.

Developers developers developers developers, why dont you write software instead of buying up good small software companies and destroying them?

No reason anyone should use office. It is a cancer to software.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:55 PM
  • I have same issue on outlook 2016, it does not have any issue with profiles or corrupted files, it happens on freshly installed office, and while I tried to set one mail user it pops up, now I am unable to do anything, google does not have answer, so does microsoft. Shame they not doing their job, one job they have - to support this piece of crap 
    Friday, November 2, 2018 11:13 AM
  • Outlook 2016 sending email operation failed, if you are suffering to this kind error from long time then no worry and get useful explanation from OST to PST Conversion Software. Change OST to PST application to export Outlook offline OST messages to PST format. Free run of this tool is also available so that you can check the product effectiveness. Visit here: https://www.gaintools.com/ost/pst/
    Saturday, December 8, 2018 4:10 AM