windows 7 does not recognise a bootable cd RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys! i am using windows 7, the problem is that whenever i enter the boot menu and select to boot from cd, nothing happens and it continues to load windows, also after checking the cd rom drive from my computer it does not show anythig in the drive and when double clicked it prompts to prepare a new blank cd window, even when the disc is in the drive and has content in it, it works fine on other pc's but not mine, please help....
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:29 PM

Answers

• The problem does not seem to be the problem within Windows.

The part you mentioned, "Select to boot from cd" --> Windows is never load on that part. BIOS takes care of that part until it actually loads the Hard Drive. Try to update the BIOS firmware, from the motherboard's support webpage, and check your CD/DVD Device hardware.

Ryan Kim
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 6, 2010 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:15 AM

All replies

• The problem does not seem to be the problem within Windows.

The part you mentioned, "Select to boot from cd" --> Windows is never load on that part. BIOS takes care of that part until it actually loads the Hard Drive. Try to update the BIOS firmware, from the motherboard's support webpage, and check your CD/DVD Device hardware.

Ryan Kim
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, December 6, 2010 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:15 AM
  • ·          

Hi,

Also, please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to submit a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:08 AM