none
Schedule appears in PWA but does not appear in MS Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

This is a puzzling one! I have one project with a schedule that can be viewed, edited and saved in PWA with no problem.

But in MSProject, when I open it, it opens as Project1. On the status bar on the bottom it says opening the project, but then just opens Project1.

This occurs on all PC's.

I have cleared the cache by deleting the folder. Makes no difference. Interestingly the project doesn't show in the cache when viewed through MSProject.

If I try to open the published version, it doesn't even open Project1, I just get a blank grey MSProject.

It seems like the project is there, but not making it through to MSProject.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ryan

Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It may be happening due to a duplicate OPTINDX. which is resolved in the below patch.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2687386

“Assume that you add
    a resource to the plan of a project in Project Professional 2010 and then save
    the plan. After you publish the project to a Project server, you cannot open
    the plan from the server. This issue occurs because there are duplicate RES_OPTINDX
    values in the MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES table.”

The patch will prevent the future occurance of the issue but the exsisting issue must be cleared manually.

1] Run the below query on the draft database and get the project guid

Select * from
    MSP_PROJECTS where Proj_name like '%Project name%' – Get the project GUID

2] Use the project GUID in the below query and check if there is any duplicate RES_OPTINDX values present.

select res_type, RES_OPTINDX, RES_UID, RES_name from MSP_PROJECT_RESOURCES where PROJ_UID=
    'Project UID' order by RES_OPTINDX

3] If it is present, then we need to change that to a different value which is not already present.

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Thanks Krishnp!

Well there are duplicates, when we run your SQL.

We will apply the hotfix and see if it helps.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Monday, November 26, 2012 5:24 AM