none
plugged in, not charging RRS feed

Answers

• Other computers can develop a motherboard issue. (Dell)

Some can have the power adapter fail or it's a counterfeit replacement adapter.

Some will not recognize generic power adapters.

Others have older hardware when Vista or Windows 7 is installed and the problem appears.

Please provide more specifics about the situation and hardware if you would like some assistance.

There is piece of string on my desk. How long is it?

Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:51 AM

All replies

• How old is the battery..? I think you can remove battery stuff from the device manager, Shut down the pc, remove the bat, power back up, then shut back down and reinstall the bat and power back up. Google the problem and you will get the above procedure in detail, im little fuzzy. That is if your bat is not junk. If its 2 years or older, might be bad.
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:41 AM
  • Other computers can develop a motherboard issue. (Dell)

Some can have the power adapter fail or it's a counterfeit replacement adapter.

Some will not recognize generic power adapters.

Others have older hardware when Vista or Windows 7 is installed and the problem appears.

Please provide more specifics about the situation and hardware if you would like some assistance.

There is piece of string on my desk. How long is it?

Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:51 AM
  • this problem seems to have been going on for years.  It is August 2013 now, I have a brand new HP pavilion dv7 and I get the same story - the laptop will only work on AC - battery icon says plugged in not charging 0% available.  All the suggestions I have found online don't work - in fact I suspect most of the posts saying they do work are fraudulent.  Is this just a joke by Microsoft and the laptop manufacturer to get users to buy new batteries?  Any prospect of taking legal action against them?
    Saturday, August 3, 2013 12:03 PM