Accessing my flashdrive RRS feed

• Question

• windows 8 on my computer will not recognize my flash drive it will recognize other flashdrivesi when inserted but this one gives error code 43  how do I fix this and access my MUCH needed files
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since Windows could recognize other flash drive, I suppose there is something wrong with the issued drive itself. We would like to suggest you follow the steps in the link below to fix it according to the error code.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In addition to that, updating the port driver and BIOS firmware version is necessary. Also, you could try to use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

If still doesn't work, you would better to contact the flash drive manufacturer for further support.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I hope this article would help you.
    How To Fix Code 43 (Error 43)

Best regards,
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 4:42 AM
  • Hi,

Since Windows could recognize other flash drive, I suppose there is something wrong with the issued drive itself. We would like to suggest you follow the steps in the link below to fix it according to the error code.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In addition to that, updating the port driver and BIOS firmware version is necessary. Also, you could try to use Windows Troubleshooter to fix it. Please go to "Control Panel" > "Troubleshooting" > "Configure a device".

If still doesn't work, you would better to contact the flash drive manufacturer for further support.

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:54 AM