SCOM 2012 MS SQL 2005 2008 2012 Manangment Pack ver 6.6.0.0 Dashboard problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I've recently imported from file the MP SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 ver 6.6.0.0

And I have an issue with new Dashboard's

Stored procedure '[sdk].[Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_GetDataCenterDashboardData]' wasn't found in Data Warehouse. It usually takes few minutes after importing the Management Pack to populate changes required for Visualization to the Data Warehouse. If this error occurs more then after 24 hours since Management Pack import then contact Operations Manager Administrator.

An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders!DatacenterDashboardDataProvider/GetDatacenterDashboardData] in provider: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.DatacenterDashboardDataProvider, Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders, Version=6.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]. : StoredProcedureNotAvailable

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderCommandMethod.Invoke(CoreDataGateway gateWay, DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.ExecuteScalarInternal[TResult](DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.<ExecuteScalarAsync>b__2[TResult](<>f__AnonymousType0`1 data)

Regards,

Tom

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

In order to troubleshoot this deeper, I recommend you to capture verbose tracing for the Management Server.

From an Admin CMD
    cd C:\Program Files\System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Tools

Enter the command below to stop the current trace.

Stoptracing.cmd

StartTracing.cmd VER

Note: “VER” must be capitalized as shown above.

Stoptracing.cmd
    FormatTracing.cmd

Final logs are here: %windir%\logs\OpsMgrTrace\.log

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:18 AM
  • Hi all

I think I know where the problem lies. The problem is the lack of StoredProcedure in my data warehouse. I have the same message after installing the MP for Exchange 2013.

Do you know how to fix the stored procedurę?

Regards,

Tom

• Edited by TomaszDZ Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:49 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:07 AM
  • I'm experiencing exactly the same error message. Running SCOM 2012 r2 Rollup 4. This is my steps & tracelog when running the console on the management server.
    - Starting trace- Opening up the SQL 2014 summary dashboard - same issue with the other SQL 200x summary's 
    - error arrives
    - Stopping the trace
    - The running FormatTracing.cmd

TracingGuidsUI.log (just the ERROR's):

[1]4796.3628::07/13/2015-14:03:58.072 [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Core] [] [Error] :DataAccessException.TraceException{dataaccessexception_cs107}'The command found named [GetManagedEntities] failed to be registered.'
    [1]4796.3628::07/13/2015-14:03:58.073 [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Security] [] [Information] :DataCommandNotFoundHandler.RegisterDataProvider{datacommandnotfoundhandler_cs335}( 00000000021C5423 )DataCommandNotFoundHandler: Data Provider: Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.CustomManagedEntityProvider failed to register.  Commands will be disabled for this provider. ERROR: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataAccessProviderRegistrationException: The command found named [GetManagedEntities] failed to be registered.
    [1]4796.3628::07/13/2015-14:03:58.075 [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Security] [] [Verbose] :DataCommandNotFoundHandler.RegisterDataProvider{datacommandnotfoundhandler_cs341}( 00000000021C5423 )DataCommandNotFoundHandler: RegisterDataProvider: Registered: 8, Already Registered: 0, Errors: 1
    [1]4796.2568::07/13/2015-14:06:59.308 [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess] [] [Error] :DataProviderCommandMethod.Invoke{dataprovidercommandmethod_cs352}( 00000000015755DD )An unknown exception was caught during invocation and will be re-wrapped in a DataAccessException. An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders!DatacenterDashboardDataProvider/GetDatacenterDashboardData] in provider: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.DatacenterDashboardDataProvider, Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders, Version=6.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35].
    [1]4796.2568::07/13/2015-14:06:59.308 [Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.Core] [] [Error] :DataAccessException.TraceException{dataaccessexception_cs107}'An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders!DatacenterDashboardDataProvider/GetDatacenterDashboardData] in provider: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.DatacenterDashboardDataProvider, Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders, Version=6.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]. : StoredProcedureNotAvailable'
    Monday, July 13, 2015 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

I'm getting the same error but haven't found a solution to fix it. I'm also getting the below alert witch may be related, also don't know what is causing this too. 

Data Warehouse failed to deploy database component. Failed to deploy Data Warehouse component. The operation will be retried.
    Exception 'DeploymentException': Failed to perform Data Warehouse component deployment operation: Install; Component: Script, Id: '4173391e-ce71-1369-c358-17030bb09b41', Management Pack Version-dependent Id: '26ed5f10-c06f-028b-cd2d-ec5e96c93b87'; Target: Database, Server name: 'SCOMDB', Database name: 'OperationsManagerDW'. Batch ordinal: 20; Exception: Error 777971002, severity 16, state 1 was raised, but no message with that error number was found in sys.messages. If error is larger than 50000, make sure the user-defined message is added using sp_addmessage.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Leos

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:32 PM
  • I am also geeting same error for SQL MP 6.6.0.0 . SCOM version is 2012 R2 UR5. Also getting Event 26319 in management server event log :

An exception was thrown while processing GetDataWarehouseStoredProcedureResult for session ID uuid:5aec4ab0-8bed-4e55-a6cd-a339a6dc98d6;id=454.
     Exception message: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    Warning: The join order has been enforced because a local join hint is used.
    Timed out stored procedure: sdk.Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_GetDataCenterDashboardData
     Full Exception: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataWarehouse.DataAccess.SqlTimeoutException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:26 PM
  • I have the same error here, but in the same time, I can see that the "TempDB" of my SQL server is growing too much. First size was blocked to 16GB, and TempDB was full. So we change the max size at 40GB, and the TempDB become full again... So there is apparently a bug in this MP...

But now, how to fix this issue... I'm not sure exactly which MP I have to remove / rollback to old version... All of them? And btw, how to rollback... Delete the MP, loosing all my overrides, and start again..? No way...

Monday, August 17, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

are the issues identified above recognised by microsoft as bugs and being worked on as bug fixes in a newer version of this MP?  Its just I was about to update my SQL MP with this 6.6.0.0. version but if there's issues which will be addressed in a newer version I'll maybe hold off - any idea when the next version is due?...

Cheers

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 11:58 AM
  • I have the same issue with SCOM 2012 R2 UR5 with 6.6.0.0 SQL MP installed.

This was working initially but very slow, now I either get a blank screen or 0's for all the data in these summary views.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:28 PM
  • with refer to Graham recommendation in https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/275b4925-d4b5-4a35-939a-1ff6838946bd/new-sql-mp-6600-dashboards-do-not-work-data-can-not-be-displayed-due-to-unavailable-stored?forum=operationsmanagergeneral suggestion

there are a number of issues with stored procedure timeouts and also non-SCOM administrators not being able to view top level details and need MP Update to fix. Up to now, no idea when this will be available.

Roger

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:39 AM
  • FIXXX IT!!!

I Solved the problem doing maintenance of database SCOM OP / DW With
    -Statistics Task
    -Rebuild Task

-index Task

Maybe it will not work maintenance with wizard SQL, So i fixed the tasks with scripts because the wizard maintenance works just with tables that not contain text
    I hope it helped you

MCP-Windows 2003, MCDST

• Edited by Rodrigo Moro Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:54 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Serge.M Friday, October 9, 2015 5:39 AM
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hi Rodrigo,

Can you provide the scripts that you used for the tasks. 

Regards, Amit

Sunday, August 23, 2015 3:14 AM
  • I have the same problem with this MP 6.6.0.0 , have someone found a solution to this?

Regards

Anders

Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:33 AM
  • Same issue also, it worked for the first few hours, anyone have a fix?

James-MS

Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:15 PM
  • FIXXX IT!!!

I Solved the problem doing maintenance of database SCOM OP / DW With
    -Statistics Task
    -Rebuild Task

-index Task

Maybe it will not work maintenance with wizard SQL, So i fixed the tasks with scripts because the wizard maintenance works just with tables that not contain text
    I hope it helped you

MCP-Windows 2003, MCDST

My DBA followed this advice above, and it works... Now these MP's are working (or at least not creating errors)
    Friday, October 9, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Since the MP works at first and then fails after a couple days I am curious to see if this is a long term fix or if it will break again.  Please report back next week.
    Friday, October 9, 2015 2:39 PM
  • Since the MP works at first and then fails after a couple days I am curious to see if this is a long term fix or if it will break again.  Please report back next week.
    He did this fix one monthg ago. Still no issue
    Monday, October 12, 2015 5:27 AM
  • Hi all

After update to UR7 dashboards started working.

Regards

Tom

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:12 AM
  • New SQL MP is out:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=10631

• Proposed as answer by nicolasmai Thursday, October 15, 2015 11:34 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ScottMoss Friday, October 16, 2015 2:54 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Do  not update to 6.6.2.0, it's broken (again):

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/a0f1ff51-791a-4231-a674-6905069356f3/sql-management-pack-6620-broken-visualizations?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/093752f2-ae08-42c3-92f7-3c31f45acef9/sql-2014-6620-filling-sql-dw-logs?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

Cheers,
    Patrick

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helped you. &lt;br/&gt; Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud) &lt;br/&gt; s2 - seidl solutions &lt;br/&gt; Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:17 PM
  • Hi Patrick

Too late .. I already did and dashboard crash again.

The strange thing is that there is no error in event log on DW server  like before.

Cheers,

Tom

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:30 AM
  • http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlreleaseservices/archive/2015/10/16/released-system-center-management-pack-for-sql-server-and-replication-6-6-2-0.aspx

worked for me on 6.6.2

James-MS

Friday, October 23, 2015 1:59 PM
  • Gents,

don't forget to check if the log space has been released after cleaning up.

/patrick

Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; on the post that helped you. <br/> Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud) <br/> s2 - seidl solutions <br/> Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:21 AM
  • log space and DW errors stopped, but after a day the Summary dashboards stopped working again.

looks like the same error as before, 

An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders!DatacenterDashboardDataProvider/GetDatacenterDashboardData] in provider: [Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.DatacenterDashboardDataProvider, Microsoft.SQLServer.Visualization.Library.DataProviders, Version=6.6.2.0, Culture=neutral, 

James-MS

Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:28 PM
  • So you did not remove SQL Server Visualization Management Pack and all other MPs which depends on them?

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helped you.

Patrick Seidl (System Center and Private Cloud)
    s2 - seidl solutions
    Blog: http://www.systemcenterrocks.com

Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:33 PM
  • removing the MP was not the fix from MS

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlreleaseservices/archive/2015/10/16/released-system-center-management-pack-for-sql-server-and-replication-6-6-2-0.aspx

James-MS

Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:42 PM
  • Well, the information in the link provided was not the fix for you, right? ;-)

I removed those MPs from the MG and that solved my problems. I can life without it until a new (hopefully tested) version will be released. If you need them you could still go back to 6.6.0.0 (if they work for you).

Cheers,
    Patrick

s2 - seidl solutions

Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:46 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Can you tell me is there any easy way to uninstall this MP ?

Cheers,

Tom

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:47 PM
  • Tom,

go to Administration, Management Packs and remove these MPs:

Microsoft SQL Server Visualization Library
    Microsoft SQL Server Generic Dashboards
    Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (Presentation)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (Presentation)
    Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Presentation)

Unfortunately, if you have any dependencies in another MP (for instance if you have used the new SQL widgets somewhere) you have to remove them as well what might be tricky.

Cheers,
    Patrick

s2 - seidl solutions

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:16 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Can you tell me is there any easy way to uninstall this MP ?

Cheers,

Tom

you can uninstall most of the MPs but the visualizer probably won't.  MS provided some instructions on this blog to disable that MP

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlreleaseservices/archive/2015/10/16/released-system-center-management-pack-for-sql-server-and-replication-6-6-2-0.aspx?CommentPosted=true&PageIndex=2#comments

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 4:07 PM
  • New version released (6.6.3.0), _should_ fix this problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10631

Cheers,
    Patrick

s2 - seidl solutions

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hi Patrick

Thx for a info ... this time I will wait few days  :)

Cheers,

Tom

Friday, November 13, 2015 12:21 PM
  • I have same problem with MP 6.6.3.0... :(

• Edited by LordSnooz Friday, November 13, 2015 7:51 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 7:45 PM
  • For me, it turned out to be a permissions issue.  I'm using SQL Server MPs (version 6.6.3.0) and SQL Server Reporting Services version 6.6.0.0.

Buried deep in the stack trace was an error message indicating that INSERT was denied on table [sdk].[Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_LastAlertValues].

I checked and found that the other tables had INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and SELECT granted to OpsMgrReader.  I executed the following script:

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON sdk.Microsoft_SQLServer_Visualization_Library_LastAlertValues to [OpsMgrReader]

and very quickly the dashboard began working again.

Regards,

Hugh Scott

Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:51 PM
  • worked for me too.
    Simply ran the script on "DW" database.
    Dis not restart DB server nor System Center services.

Thanks!

Monday, December 14, 2015 12:32 PM
  • Thank you!  
    Monday, January 18, 2016 8:52 PM