Do you have to send a meeting update if a the members of the invited distribution list change? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sent a meeting request to a distribution list (both recurring and non-recurring). Now I would like to know if I should send a meeting update every time the members of the distribution list change? 

If so, how do I know the list has changed? 

If not, how does it work, do the new members automatically get invited? 

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

• Edited by Jozef Woo Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Now I would like to know if I should send a meeting update every time the members of the distribution list change? 

If you want the new members to get invited to the meeting, you have to send a meeting update.

>>If so, how do I know the list has changed?

I'm afraid there is no easy way to know the list has changed. Is it possible that you contact your Exchange administrator  and let the administrator add you as the moderator of the distribution group? In this way, any change made to the distribution group properties will be send to you for approval. See:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd297936(v=exchg.150).aspx

If above is not possible, I'm afraid you have to contact the people who manage the groups to send you a notification when modifying the members.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, May 22, 2017 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jozef Woo Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:33 AM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:47 AM