none
Timesheet Error Blocking Correlation/Invalid Approver RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A resource manager in particular has been getting the error as of late when approving her timesheets:

An Error Occured while processing one or more items. This was caused by one of the following:
    A timesheet job is failed and blocking coorelation in the queue.
    The approval item no longer exists or has already been approved
    The host server is unreachable.

In the queue Job error it details as follows:

General
    • Timesheet:
      • TimesheetInvalidApprover (3205). Details: id='3205' name='TimesheetInvalidApprover' uid='d6ceda7d-589c-4354-ae2c-9fa386bc3bfb'.
    • Queue:
      • GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - TimesheetReview.ReviewTimesheetMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='ebba2bd5-3c7e-49c2-a906-38a0ecc97541' JobUID='75d6ebfb-8535-4d65-a54d-f6c9c55b414d' ComputerName='WEGSFES29090' GroupType='TimesheetReview' MessageType='ReviewTimesheetMessage' MessageId='1' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine WEGSFES29090 for entries with JobUID 75d6ebfb-8535-4d65-a54d-f6c9c55b414d

I've gone in as a delegate and I also get the same error when approving all her timesheets. There are a lot of timesheets that need to be approved. Her permissions in PWA are Project Manager/Resource Manager. Any help would be appreciated as this is holding up a lot of timesheets! 

Johnny Eltawn, Project Server Admin

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:09 PM

All replies

• I ended up unchecking Fixed Approval Routing and was able to get most of the timesheets approved. However, one in particular still caused the same error where I get 

An Error Occured while processing one or more items. This was caused by one of the following:

For a particular resource's timesheet. That timesheet when I go into review shows "Error" in red at the status bar. I tried "recalling" the timesheet through the user but it just gets stuck with the green loading circle with no action. The delete button is greyed out in manage timesheet and still in the approver's queue for approval. So what is this issue? 

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:29 PM
  • Johnny,

Which version of Project Server are you using?

Either way,  User must have the Approve Timesheets permission through a category which contains the resources which they want to approve timesheets on.

Make sure that the Resource Manager group has this category permission, for the category which has the resources she is trying to approve.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, April 9, 2015 5:34 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

We are using Project Server 2010 here and looking to migrate to 2013 within the year. But as noted, 2010 is our current. I am pretty sure they have the resource manager category if they can approve all other timesheets, but not one in particular which gives the timesheet an "error". 

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:41 PM
  • Hi All,

I am having this issue still and has caused more of an issue now. The timesheet that has errored out in the user, the user cannot submit anymore timesheets going forward from that error. The timesheet is still in the timesheet manager's approval, but each time the item is approved, we get the same error:

So my guess is that this timesheet that is messed up is causing the user to not be able to submit any timesheets. I tried to delete/recreate new timesheets and the user's "Send Timesheet" button is locked/disabled. I still have not found a resolution and is causing these issues. Any suggestions? 

Friday, April 17, 2015 6:23 PM
  • Clear your browser cache and trust the site then try to recall -> delete and recreate the timesheet. If Send Timesheet option disabled then click on Send Status first before Send Timesheet.

Also please verify PWA setting and enable Single entry mode and Protected user actuals under Quick Launch, in the Settings section, click Server Settings ->Time and Task Management section, click Timesheet Settings and Defaults.

Hope this setting will help to prevent issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar |LinkedIn

Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:22 AM
  • So this has come back to haunt me. Issue was never resolved and more than one timesheet is getting these errors now but for a different timesheet manager. Same error InvalidApprover (3205), when accepting the timesheet I get the same message:

I go into the resource timesheet and status says: Error across the timesheet highlighted in red.

No solution yet, but trying to Reject these timesheets do not work. Also trying to recall the timesheet as the user does not work. When Recalling the green loading just stays there and hangs. Any solution to this miserable problem I am facing?? Help! 

Friday, April 24, 2015 7:43 PM