New Folder option acting like a shortcut and showing up the shortcut wizard. Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had a problem at the beginning that all my context menu doesn't show up and the now folder option from the explorer didn't work. After many tries to fix this issue and show up the context menu of the mouse's right-click option finally it showed up. But the new folder option's was a shortcut option with shortcut's icon. I got it to change to folder Ico but still acting like shortcut and showing up the wizard.

I can't create any new folder now even from the explorer quick menu.

Please help I can't do recovery or reinstall my system I would cost me much work and I may lose my study.

Thanks in advance,

Anas

Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If may be caused be corrupted registry keys.

Please follow the two steps to have a try and let me know the results:

1.Boot into Safe Mode and see if the problem still exists.

2.Create another new account and login to see if the problem still exist.

To repair the registry keys, it is suggested that you can run the command as administrator: sfc /scannow

Follow Linda 's suggestion to repair your registry:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/9ee6ecdf-5958-4af4-b640-c659ada57bc4/option-to-create-new-folder-on-desktop-is-missing?forum=w7itproui

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

If there is any problems, please feel free to contact me.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 1:57 AM