Need to remove .NET 4.7 as it has broken our QuickBook multiuser applications RRS feed

• Question

• Need to removed .NET 4.7 and reinstall .NET 4.6.1 for Windows 10.    since this is embedded now, how do I do that ?
    Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Ernst IA,

The Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7 is part of The Windows 10 Creators Update, so you can't reinstall it.

But you could disable .Net Framework 4.7 feature.

Open Control Panel>Program>Programs and Features>Turn Windows features on or off

Then you could download .NET Framework 4.6.1 offline installer to install it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3102436/the-.net-framework-4.6.1-offline-installer-for-windows

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:27 AM
  • I have tried that but I get the error message that a greater version of .NET framework is already installed and will not let me install 4.6.1
    Monday, July 3, 2017 1:21 PM
  • This is natural.

The fact that later .NET Framework 4.x versions are in-place updates to earlier versions means that you cannotinstall an earlier version if a later version is already installed. For example, you cannot install the .NET Framework 4.6.1 on a Windows 10 Creator Update system, since the .NET Framework 4.7 is preinstalled on it.

For your information .NET Framework 4.6.2 was a part of Windows 10 Anniversary Update while .NET Framework 4.6.1 was a part of Windows 10 November Update.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 12:53 AM
  • So the only way to get back to that earlier version is to reload windows 10 ?      or wait for Quickbooks to make a patch to make that work with the new version of .NET
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 3:33 PM