none
Run Command Line in TS - Where in Logs?? RRS feed

• Question

• So I have several little commands run as a command line during a task sequence.  I am realizing that while they seem to be running, they don't appear at all in the bdd.log file or any of the other logs that get put in the C:\windows\temp\deploymentlogs folder.  Is this by design or am I missing something?
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:23 PM

All replies

• That seems odd, where in the TS do your commands reside?
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:35 AM
  • Are they batch commands or powershell commands?  I have my powershell scripts called and they get their own log during the TS.  Save to a script and call the script instead of simply running the command, this should give you a log but, if it works - why do you need log information about it?  It is better to not fix things that aren't broken.  Splitting them into scripts and calling the scripts individually could be a form of troubleshooting but you said they all work so I doubt there'd be much in a log anyway.

MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA.. Gunning for MCSE Cloud | Please visit www.deploymentshare.com | I invite you to follow me on Twitter:@deploymentshare | If I help you solve your issue please mark my reply as the answer.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:33 PM
  • Argh... I saw this post last week and somehow, it didn't post...

Hey Joe.

WHen commands run directly out of the task sequencer, the logs are saved to the smsts.log file not to the bdd.log file.

How to find the right MDT log files (bdd.log/smsts.log) to debug problems.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:52 AM