Cannot copy the items error when copying email from inbox to shared mailbox. Works fine when moving. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an account, and access to a shared mailbox. When I drag an email from my inbox, to the shared inbox, it works fine. But I want to make a copy instead (keeping the original).

So I drag and hold CTRL, and a + sign shows up in mouse pointer (like in File Explorer). But when I release I get the error:

Cannot copy the items. Changes made to the item were lost due to a reconnect with the server.

Makes no sense to me - seems like moving the email should be the problem, not copying it (since move involves copy + delete afterwards).
    • Edited by JamesWmo Friday, February 1, 2019 2:14 PM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Based on my experience, this error usually occurs when you are running in Exchange Online mode. Please check it on your side via File > Account Settings and try switching to Exchange Cached mode instead if you are not in to see if the error can be stopped.

If it doesn't help, please verify if the issue persists when copying mails to another folder within a same mailbox. 

Any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 4, 2019 4:33 AM
  • Hi James,

Just checked in to see if you have tried the methods above. Was it helpful?

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:58 AM