How to link KPI to sharepoint document library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I'm working on a POC (SQLserver2008, MOSS 2007, Performancepoint Server) and one feature required is the list of documents which is linked to a certain KPI.  For the documents, it's best to have separate document libraries, I guess.

Simply, when you click KPI, it opens a list of documents next to the scorecard. and it works like normal documents library, or at least it should work. This function is the same as linking reports/graphs to KPI. This list of documents should be containing only the documents concerning the KPI

I've seen a screenshot of this kind of function in a book of Contoso demo and therefore I have no idea how the linking is done.

Any suggestions?

Br. Eeva
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I assume for each KPI there are different document libraries. What you could do is for each of the kpi you could create a web page report and give the link of sharepoint doc libraries. Then go to your dashboard and create a new dashboard.

1)Create a new dashboard
    2)Drop the Scorecard and the web page reports to the respective zones. (Left zone scorecard and right zone report)
    3)Then when you just mouse over the scorecard in the zone that you have dropped you will find a display condtiton .
    4) Drag the display condition to the corresponding Webpage report. A pop up box with a list of KPI's will occur.Click on the corresponding KPI on which the libraries have to show up.
    5)Publish the dashboard.

for more details please refer this link
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102411051033.aspx

HTH,
    Ram

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:40 PM