Internet Backgammon for Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Could you guys please add Internet Backgammon for Windows Vista???? This was a huge disappointment to find out that Backgammon was not supported in Windows Vista.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:44 PM

All replies

• how do i add internet backgammon into vista

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:00 PM
  • LadySRM

Have you seen this website yet?

Backgammon - MSN Games - Free Online Games:
    http://zone.msn.com/en/backgammon/

You can play others or the computer.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:37 AM
  • This is not the right backgammon. Windows XP had backgammon installed which you could access througth the start up menu and automatically play people online.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:07 PM
  • Hi

I just tried this on an XP Pro computer and a Vista computer. The Backgammon Game link on the XP Start Menu connects to the following website. This is the same website that you can access with a Vista computer.

Backgammon - MSN Games - Free Online Games:
    http://zone.msn.com/en/backgammon/default.htm

Click on the blue GO Button and follow the instructions to install the game component.

Here is a screenshot of the game install options in XP SP2.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/rvmv/XP_SP2_GamesOptions.jpg

They may have made some changes to the game on the website, but this is the exact website that XP SP2 takes you to now.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer or Helpful button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:47 PM
  • Going this route sucks bigtime. Not even the same bg setup.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:47 PM
  • I agree.  I downloaded the "Zone" backgammon game this morning 15 minutes ago and am STILL waiting to "get in" to play backgammon at the Zone.  On the old system, your wait was never longer than about 15 seconds!

• Proposed as answer by edilson ritta Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:53 PM
    Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:23 PM
  • You shouldn't be too dissapointed. When playing against the computer (in Windows 7), it mostly gets what it needs on the dice & usually gives you the wrong numbers. Very wrong of Micro$oft to cheat like this (no I didn't need to decompile it, using my eyes is quite enough).
    MSI P67S-C43 / Intel i5-2400 / DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz / GeForce GTS450 Palit / WD 1TB SATA6 64MB / Win7 Pro/64 SP1
    Monday, May 9, 2011 1:33 AM