Which updates are included in SP1? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a new sccm 'gold' image and including windows updates. Therefor I'm asking from which date do I include the updates? It's W7 sp1 so all the updates from 2009 and 2010 doesn't need to be included, right??
    Friday, May 31, 2013 6:32 AM

Answers

• How are you building your image?

If you are using a proper build and capture task sequence (using either MDT or ConfigMgr), the answer is moot because only the updates required will be installed. Even if you are using offline updates feature of ConfigMgr (or directly using dism for the same task), it's still moot for the same reason. Just download and deploy them all -- both processes will figure out what is needed at the expense of a little disk space.

Assuming a hard cutoff is not necessarily valid because it simply doesn't work that way.

Make sure you are installing 2775511 first also as it contains about 90 other updates.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, June 7, 2013 4:11 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may check the Hotfixes and Security Updates included in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 in the Documentation for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932)

Also, this issue is more Windows 7 related, you may post it on Windows 7 forum next time.

Regards,

Sabrina

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:08 AM
  • I've taken all windows 7 updates from february 8th till now (may). I hope all the updates are included now.

Next time I'll post in the windows 7 forum. Thanks

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:59 AM
  • How are you building your image?

If you are using a proper build and capture task sequence (using either MDT or ConfigMgr), the answer is moot because only the updates required will be installed. Even if you are using offline updates feature of ConfigMgr (or directly using dism for the same task), it's still moot for the same reason. Just download and deploy them all -- both processes will figure out what is needed at the expense of a little disk space.

Assuming a hard cutoff is not necessarily valid because it simply doesn't work that way.

Make sure you are installing 2775511 first also as it contains about 90 other updates.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, June 7, 2013 4:11 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2013 11:49 AM