Shared Mailbox - Limit Send As Permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am adding my 7th person in my Shared Mailbox "Send As" permission in Exchange Online and I'm not able to.  I did the same thing in PowerShell and unable to as well.  I then tried adding a person to another shared mailbox that has less than 6 users and I'm able to.  Adding more persons in the Shared Mailbox "Full Access" permission is fine, but only the Send As permission I am having problem with. Is there some sort of limitation as to how many users you can designate to have a "Send As" permission?  I am trying to find a reference or article that will prove my theory but I can't find one.  I may end up submitting a ticket to Microsoft just for that question or the error that I am getting but trying not to. I hope this forum can give me some answers, thanks.  

Alopez

Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• No, there are no such limit.

existing limitations:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

Can you post error?

scientia potentia est
    My blog

• Edited by Mikhail SartaevMVP Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, August 26, 2016 12:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, September 9, 2016 8:54 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

The error is "You can't use the domain because it's not an accepted domain for your organization."  And, that error doesn't make sense because I can successfully save my changes if I have only given Full Access to a person and not a Send As permission.  And, I am using the same domain for my regular user and the shared mailbox.  This shared mailbox already has 10 people that has Full access permission and 6 with Send As.   Other shared mailboxes that I have, have 8+ users in the Send As and I can add more without any hassle.

Alopez

• Edited by ITGeek_AL Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:35 PM reword
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:52 PM
  • I am submitting ticket to Microsoft.  I believe there's something wrong with this shared mailbox? For some reason it's not letting me add more users to have a Send As permission while the other Shared Mailboxes, I am able to add more than 6. And I think this has nothing to do with limitations.  Thanks.

Alopez

Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:32 PM