none
DPM cannot access path F:\ because part of the path has been deleted or renamed. (ID: 36) RRS feed

• Question

• I have this problem with one particular server using DPM. The other servers that DPM protects are backing up fine. The path exists and I am able to access it via \\servername\F$. DPM is able to access the server's E: drive. So, it appears to be a problem with the F: drive only. What should I do to troubleshoot this further? Thanks.
    Monday, March 7, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• I attempted to ignore the initial error message and add the protection group anyway. That generated the following error:

DPM cannot access the path F:\ because part of the path has been deleted or renamed.
    Check the path and enter it again.
    ID: 36
    Details: Internal error code: 0x80990F43

Using the internal error code to research the problem, I found a thread that suggested running migrate-datasource to fix the drive issue. I attempted to run migrate-datasource with the auto option and got the following message: Could not find any volumes for migrating automatically. Then, I attempted to run it with the manual option and got this message: No FileSystem datasources under protection(but volumes marked as deleted) on this PS.

I suspect that the "volumes marked as deleted" is the culprit as I recently recreated the RAID array on which this drive is housed to solve a different problem with DPM. I think its still trying to look at the old drive rather than the new one. Before I recreated the array, I uninstalled the DPM client from the protected server. But, I didn't delete the old backups right away. I wanted to have them handy just in case. So, after uninstalling the client and copying the data to a backup drive, I destroyed and re-created the RAID array. After that I copied the data back onto the drive.

The problem has surfaced since I've attempted to protect the new drive with DPM. Apparently, there is still some configuration information (probably in the SQL database somewhere) still pointing to the old drive in DPM for that PS. Does anyone know how I might go about finding and fixing the PS configuration in SQL so that DPM has the correct identifying information for the drive? Thanks.

Monday, March 7, 2016 10:28 PM