none
Is there a particular format needed for the connection URL when connecting to CRM Online? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to CRM Online. Using the new connector, in the dialogue box it gives an example of the URL to use -

(which I can't reproduce here because I can't post any links but it contains <tenant>.crm.dynamics.com/XRMService etc

In CRM the Organization Data Service shows a URL in the format

https://<devserver>.<companyname>.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/

When I try to use this I get the yellow warning triangle and the OK button is greyed out. If I edit the URL to add the '.crm.dynamics' part I can get to the next dialogue box but then it complains of not being able to resolve the URL (not surprisingly).

My question is, does the URL have to contain '.crm.dynamics' for it to be usable by the CRM Online connector?

Monday, March 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Answers

• It turns out that the pattern we're using to validate the URL is overly strict. This will be fixed in the next release of Power Query. But it also turns out that you can use the same CRM URL with "From OData" and you'll get results identical to what you'd have gotten from "From CRM Online".
    • Proposed as answer by Curt Hagenlocher Monday, March 16, 2015 2:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fiddler69 Monday, March 16, 2015 2:30 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 2:29 PM

All replies

• It turns out that the pattern we're using to validate the URL is overly strict. This will be fixed in the next release of Power Query. But it also turns out that you can use the same CRM URL with "From OData" and you'll get results identical to what you'd have gotten from "From CRM Online".
    • Proposed as answer by Curt Hagenlocher Monday, March 16, 2015 2:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Fiddler69 Monday, March 16, 2015 2:30 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Thanks for a quick response.

Propdev

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:30 PM