locked
E-mail notification problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All!

    I've been struggling with this problem for a few days and decited to ask for help.

    We use SCCM w. SP1. For unknown reasons e-mail notification doesn't work. Obviously I created appropriate workflow to test it but no matter which condition is set workflow is not triggered. For test purposes I created workflow to notify affected user that his request has been registered. I checked appropriate checkboxes that enable workflow and enable notification. I didn't choose other criteria than standard event criteria "when incident is created", and selected notification template. I tried to select different templates (in English first, than in Polish because I use web portal in Polish) and create incidents from e-mails (incoming e-mails work). Despite this workflow is not working. What is strange is that subscribed notification that uses the same notification template works. Both end user notification and subscribed notification are sent to the same e-mail address so there is no SMTP connector problem.

    Do you have any ideas what am I missing?

    Regards, Michal

    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:28 PM

Answers

  • Hey

    Strange, correct. Try deleting the Entry you made unter Administration\Workflows\Configuration\xxxxx and recreate it. Then test if it works ...

    regards
    Marcel


    SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:02 PM

All replies

  • Hey

    What does the workflow status say? Any entries there? Any error messages in the event log?

    I had a similar situation in a customer environment where nothing was logged, it just didnt work. After deletion and recreation it worked as expected. If nothing helps, I would try that.

    regards
    Marcel


    SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:38 AM
  • Marcel,

    There is no single entry neither in workflow status or event logs. That makes me think that workflow just doesn't work or more precisely is not triggered. It is strange because subscribed notification is working and I assume that it is triggered by the same mechanism.

    Regards,

    Michal

    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hey

    Strange, correct. Try deleting the Entry you made unter Administration\Workflows\Configuration\xxxxx and recreate it. Then test if it works ...

    regards
    Marcel


    SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Seems that sometimes simplest solutions are the best ones. I created workflow once again and it's working :)

    Many thanks,

    Michal

    Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:29 PM