none
DPM 2012 R2 Protection screen shows Backup to tape failed after successful backup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the latest DPM 2012 R2 fully updated and keep seeing this problem where the Monitoring screen will show the tape backup job for VM as completed with a number in the data written column but the Protection Status column on the Protection screen will list it as 'Backup to tape failed'. how do I know which one I can trust? Why are they showing inconsistent results?

It looks like the same problem as here:

DPM 2010 - Protection Status = Backup to tape failed
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f5945658-67ca-4f26-8a15-9e3098db72ca/dpm-2010-protection-status-backup-to-tape-failed?forum=dpmtapebackuprecovery

Edit:I saw the same problem when writing to tape again this weekend interestingly this seems to be affecting the same members consistently but I can't see any obvious pattern. Has anybody else seen this?

• Edited by SystemInsider Monday, March 10, 2014 10:43 AM added more info.
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 10:58 AM

All replies

• I am also having the same issue with DPM 2012 SP1. If the backup to tape fails it keeps showing on the Protection tab that Backup to tape failed even after a successful backup. From the Monitoring tab I can see that the backup completes but it does not change the status on the Protection tab. 

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:24 AM
  • I had same issue:

Steps to FIX:

1. open Monitoring

2. open specific event (backup to tape failed)

3. mark it inactive

Done!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:34 PM
  • I had same issue:

Steps to FIX:

1. open Monitoring

2. open specific event (backup to tape failed)

3. mark it inactive

Done!

to mark a Alert as inactive is not a Solution.

Please try to remove DS from Protectiongroup (keep Disk Backup) and re add DS to Protectiongroup

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat | youtube.com/techguyat

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:21 PM