Problems with Vista Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Well my problem is that when i try to install vista it gets stuck at "loading...". If i get my dvd out it continues, there are some parts where it needs the dvd for the installation and when i insert the dvd the screen gets again stuck on loading forever.

My dvd is a nec ND-3550. anyone could help me please ? right now I am running Windows XP

I tried installing with Windows XP (Using the DVD), and Booting. and same problem on loading

-------
    Aacis |
    ====
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008 1:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I agree with BrettT76.

If you want you computer run with Microsoft Vista system,then we recommend you to unistall the previous system first,then to load the setup files to install Microsoft Vista system.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2008 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check whether ND-3550 DVD device can read other DVD media.Also please check the Microsoft Vista setup media.Any damage will cause DVD device cannot read data from the media.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Friday, January 4, 2008 4:58 AM
  • I had the same problem when i was UPGRADING my XP installation to VISTA.

It would freeze up and do pretty much what you say your machine is doing.....  My solution was to do a clean install of vista....  tried and tested man, clean install beats them all

Friday, January 4, 2008 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with BrettT76.

If you want you computer run with Microsoft Vista system,then we recommend you to unistall the previous system first,then to load the setup files to install Microsoft Vista system.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Xiu Zhang - MSFT

Monday, January 7, 2008 1:45 AM
  • As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:42 AM