none
MSSQL$MICROSOFT##WID insufficient system memory RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having a ton of intermittent problems with one of my servers in the past 12 hours. It is Windows Server 2012 VM and the error that I am getting is from MSSQL$MICROSOFT##WID. The error is "There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'default' to run this query.

This server has plenty of overall free memory, so obviously the above is occurring because of a setting somewhere... any ideas are where I might go to fix it?

Thanks,

Ryan

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:36 PM

All replies

• this appears to be the same issue you are having

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/60d20f7a-8d64-48b1-ade9-8ba648e5945c/there-is-insufficient-system-memory-in-resource-pool-default-to-run-this-query?forum=sqldatabaseengine

i know this is sql - but WID is basically sql anyway 

Regards,

Denis Cooper

MCITP EA - MCT

Help keep the forums tidy, if this has helped please mark it as an answer

My Blog

LinkedIn:

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Thanks, yes that does sound like the same issue. Unfortunately, the answer didn't leave me much to go on for actually fixing my problem.

I'll post on that thread as well to see if they can expand on their solution.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:15 PM
  • Ryan ,

Can you post output of following.What is min server memory and max server memory

How much physical RAM you have on your system

What is output of select @@version

select
    (physical_memory_in_use_kb/1024)Memory_usedby_Sqlserver_MB,
    (locked_page_allocations_kb/1024 )Locked_pages_used_Sqlserver_MB,
    (total_virtual_address_space_kb/1024 )Total_VAS_in_MB,
    process_physical_memory_low,
    process_virtual_memory_low
    from sys. dm_os_process_memory

Also lease upload DBCC MEMORYSTATUS output on some shared location or T drive.Now when you got this error can you give some information about it.

I dont understand 'MSSQL$MICROSOFT##WID insufficient system memory ' this error.Did you see this in errorlog were there any more messages

PS: You should have reaised the thread in Database engine forum,Moderators please move it that forum.Please post all information which I have asked

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

For this issue, please post in the below SQL server forum for further analysis:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Regards,

Yan Li

Regards, Yan Li

Friday, February 14, 2014 5:27 AM