Exchange 2010 server self sign certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I start to migrate SBS2003 to exchange 2010

I already finish until exchange installation and can see legacy mailbox

Now i m at the certificate installation stage but i already request certificate from exchange console.

Also install Enterprise root CA and request certificate and download it .

Import to exchange console but after complete certificate request  immediately certificate is missing .

try to restrart the server and still missing.

Please let me know the solution for it

Thaanks in advance! 

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi
       In the console tree, click Server Configuration.
    • From the action pane, click Import Exchange Certificate to open the Import Exchange Certificate wizard.
      This wizard helps you import a certificate with a valid private key to your Exchange server. You must enter the password of the private key for a successful import.
    • On the Introduction page, click Browse to select the file that contains the exported certificate, and then enter the password for the certificate.
    • On the Exchange Server Selection page, select the Exchange server that you want to import the certificate to.
    • On the Completion page, verify that all previously selected options are correct.
    • On the final page, follow the steps listed to complete your request. This page also displays the Shell cmdlet syntax necessary to import the certificate.
      Do you meet any error ?

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by ManU PhiliP Friday, March 8, 2013 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by TMSSUPPORT Saturday, March 9, 2013 4:43 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 2:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked whether the certificates are there using the cmdlet: get-exchangecertificate

Regards from ExchangeOnline Windows Administrator's Area

Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:44 PM
  • Hi

ManU Philip

I've checked get-exchangecertificate, but never found

Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:58 PM
  • That means, the certificate importing is not success till now. See the error messages at event log when you are performing the next certificate import

Regards from ExchangeOnline Windows Administrator's Area

Thursday, March 7, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Hi
       In the console tree, click Server Configuration.
    • From the action pane, click Import Exchange Certificate to open the Import Exchange Certificate wizard.
      This wizard helps you import a certificate with a valid private key to your Exchange server. You must enter the password of the private key for a successful import.
    • On the Introduction page, click Browse to select the file that contains the exported certificate, and then enter the password for the certificate.
    • On the Exchange Server Selection page, select the Exchange server that you want to import the certificate to.
    • On the Completion page, verify that all previously selected options are correct.
    • On the final page, follow the steps listed to complete your request. This page also displays the Shell cmdlet syntax necessary to import the certificate.
      Do you meet any error ?

Terence Yu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by ManU PhiliP Friday, March 8, 2013 3:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by TMSSUPPORT Saturday, March 9, 2013 4:43 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 2:54 AM
  • Hi Terence Yu,

Followe the step you provided

And certificate is successfully imported

check Get-ExchangeCertificate

It should be ok

Thanks