autoplay icons are totally screwed up how to fix this!!?? RRS feed

• Question

• for some reason recently, when autoplay starts for inserted a cd or flash drive etc.. the icons displayed are all wrong?? i have search the web and found articles on deleting iconcache.db but that didn't help. any ideas?? below is a link to a screenshot showing what i am having.

ftp://ftp.emc.com/incoming/bencrook there is a file icons.jpg that shows you what i am seeing

here it is again with spaces in case this forum can't show hyper links Smile

f t p : // ftp . emc . com /incoming/bencrook

Friday, October 3, 2008 12:53 PM

Answers

• Ben

That is very strange, indeed.

The icon that your screenshot shows is the old Windows 95 default icon???

If you have a System Restore point that was created before you started seeing this behavior, try restoring the system to that point. System Restore includes a backup of the registry and should fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Sunday, October 5, 2008 12:21 AM

All replies

• Ben

That is very strange, indeed.

The icon that your screenshot shows is the old Windows 95 default icon???

If you have a System Restore point that was created before you started seeing this behavior, try restoring the system to that point. System Restore includes a backup of the registry and should fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Sunday, October 5, 2008 12:21 AM
  • check autorun.inf file icon entry and autorun.exe in disc do they have icon or not

Sunday, October 5, 2008 11:34 AM
  • i use several different discs, it doesn't matter what disc i insert.

Monday, October 6, 2008 12:57 PM