New event in tracking log not documented RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I noticed a new event SENDEXTERNAL in message tracking log after upgraded to Exchange Server 2016 CU4. But this event is not documented in MSDN - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124375(v=exchg.160).aspx. Can I get a official description on what does it stands for?

Thanks,

Amo

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Amo,

Not that I'm aware of.

However, I have noticed this eventid in my lab also, from the words, it should stand for a message was sent to a external email address.

For us, we can give a feedback via clicking "Site FeedBack" in the lower right corner in MSDN site.

Moreover, I'd also report this situation to accelerate the process of updating MSDN articles.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, February 17, 2017 8:23 AM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:41 AM
  • Hi Niko,

I have submitted Site Feedback. Should I get informed when it's updated?

Thanks,

Amo

Friday, February 17, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Hi Amo,

Yes, and I'll give you an update also if I get any information.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Hi Amo,

PG give me a reply about this event, for your reference, as follow:

It is like it is read, means that the message was sent external. If office365, the message was sent out of Office 365 and in On-Perm it was sent to Internet.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, February 20, 2017 9:45 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi Amo,

If above suggestion help you solved the issue, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:49 AM