none
An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch. (0xC0000022). RRS feed

• Question

• An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch. (0xC0000022).

I have an error below when I try to create a new VMSwitch.

An error occurred while applying changes to the properties of the virtual switch.

An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

And this following is a dialogue by PowerShell;

PS C:Windowssystem32>Get-NetAdapter

Name                              InterfaceDescription        ifIndex Status MacAddress LinkSpeed

----                              --------------------        ------- ------ ---------- ---------

Ethernet                   Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller    7      Up     ****      100Mbps

vEthernet (Default Switch) Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter     17      Up     ****      10Gbps

PS C:Windowssystem32>$net = Get-NetAdapter -Name 'Ethernet'

PS C:Windowssystem32>New-VMSwtch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -NetAdapterName $net.Name

New-VMSwitch: An error occured while adding a virtual Ethernet switch connection.

Failed to bind the Ethernet port'{****}': {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. (0xC0000022).

place row: 1 letter: 1

+ New-VMSwitch -name "External VM Switch" -AllowManagementOS $true -Net ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo         : NotSpecified: (:) [New-VMSwitch], VirtualizationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorID: OperationFailed, Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.NewVMSwitch

The PC that I am controlling is for my work, and is not connected to the Internet. This means the error can be because of Firewall or function restricting by my company, however I or any co-workers with me do not know what the causes exactly are.

I am in need of your suggestions.

Best regard.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 2:40 AM