Music on Hold: Force DefaultHold.wma? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to force DefaultHold.wma as the MoH music?

I know I can enforce a particular audio file with the -MusicOnHoldAudioFile parameter of the Set-CsClientPolicy cmdlet, but the location of DefaultHold.wma varies per client (Lync 2010 and 2013 clients deployed).

Is there anyway to enable Music on Hold, use the default audio, and disable the users' ability to change MoH audio file for Lync Server 2010?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:54 PM

Answers

• no. you can't use the default path.

Z-Hire -- Automate Lync User Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

• Marked as answer by R. Derickson Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:16 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

use the below command to point the default music file to some location that users can't change. Preferably a network share. Try it out

Set-CSClientPolicy <policyname>-EnableClientMusicOnHold:$TRUE -MusicOnHoldAudioFile pathtoaudiofile.wma</policyname>

<policyname><pathtoaudiofile></pathtoaudiofile></policyname>

Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:04 PM
  • Thanks, Thamara. So is there no way to force the default audio file?
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:07 PM
  • you can use the same default music file. no need to use a different one. just put the default audio file in to that location.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Sorry.. I meant the default path.
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:10 PM
  • no. you can't use the default path.

• Marked as answer by R. Derickson Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:16 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:13 PM