Sound issues (faild to play test tone) vista RRS feed

• Question

• this happened about 5 days ago. there was an update for my computer and after restarting it my sound stopped working.

I have tried to narrow down the issue as best i can. Iv tried a bunch of restarting and system restores all of which dont actually restore my system. i get a new error message saying unexpected error while trying to restore and im stuck with no sound still.

i was using the motherboards sound hooked up to my monitor when all this started happening.

Startmenu>search field> services> windows audio and have tried to restart it. disable restart it. look at it a long time. google the files. all of which arnt seeming to help.

iv go to control panel, device manager and found some yellow !  one of them under sounds is ADS instant HDTV pci (code 10)

iv tried to uninstall this driver and reinstall it a few times now. still getting the yellow ! and cant play test tones. and when i try to go to services and restart windows sounds it makes my computer a laggy mess and im forced to restart.

im on my friends computer. hopefully i get a response soon. im going to try running safe mode and seeing if i cant successful hear something from my computer

Sunday, June 16, 2013 8:18 PM

All replies