Blinking amber light comes on when trying to boot up with XP. RRS feed

• Question

• Computer doesn't boot up every time. I sometimes get a blinking amber light instead of the green light. Turning off and on again doesn't work every time. How can I fix?
    Friday, April 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Answers

• Read the information in the User manual for the motherboard/system.

The blinking yellow light is an indication of a hardware problem, not a Windows problem.  You must troubleshoot the hardware system for faults and correct the hardware faults.  Windows cannot do anything to correct hardware faults.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:15 PM

All replies

• First thing I would to is swap the power supply to see if it is faulty.
    Friday, April 12, 2013 8:08 PM
  • Read the information in the User manual for the motherboard/system.

The blinking yellow light is an indication of a hardware problem, not a Windows problem.  You must troubleshoot the hardware system for faults and correct the hardware faults.  Windows cannot do anything to correct hardware faults.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:15 PM