none
Save automatically project plans to a local folder every week RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i'm using project server 2007, I would like to save automatically  project plans (with a prefix of "ps") to a local folder on a weekly basis.

Is it posibble? if so how?

elaine

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Elaine,

Unfortunately there is NOT an out of the box feature to do that, wether on the client nor on the server. The only option you have is to open and save all projects using a macro, an AddIn or any other automation code. But consider that winproj is not a server application and automating it on the server is not supported

Regards,
    Stefan

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:43 PM

All replies

• Elaine,

Under Tools/Options/Save tab you will find setting for an auto-save option. It may or may not do what you need. However, since you are using Project Server, there might be other save options in the server environment better suited to your needs. Try posting on the server forum at, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:39 PM
  • Hi Elaine,

Unfortunately there is NOT an out of the box feature to do that, wether on the client nor on the server. The only option you have is to open and save all projects using a macro, an AddIn or any other automation code. But consider that winproj is not a server application and automating it on the server is not supported

Regards,
    Stefan

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Stefan,

I think you meant to say, "Unfortunately there is NOT an out of...."

John

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Thanks, I've updated it.

Stefan

Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:38 PM