Cant sign into window 10 despite correct password RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday i had my new laptop updated . However this morning when i started up my laptop and filled in my password,i said that my password is incorrect.I tried restart my laptop and try it again,and it worked. However then when i try to log in other time, it said my password is incorrect again. Someone please help me to fix this. I am using window 10.  
    Sunday, July 16, 2017 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/you-cant-sign-in-to-your-pc-right-now-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:53 PM
  • Hi,

Please note, if laptop keyboard’s digital lock function is activated, the letter key you press will be replaced by number key.

So, even though you enter the correct password, the real entered content is not what you want, look at this comparison table.

It’s easy to turn off number lock, use Fn key + NumLK or other combination key.

3 Methods to Disable NumLock on a Laptop Keyboard

https://www.top-password.com/blog/3-methods-to-disable-numlock-on-a-laptop-keyboard/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Or, you could call out screen keyboard to enter password.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 8:41 AM