none
Windows Creator Update doesn't installs, why?

All replies

• Hi A.I.R. TechNet Geek.

According what is displayed in the lower right corner of the desktop, you're running a trial copy of Windows 10 Enterprise: you need a licensed copy of Windows 10 to perform the upgrade.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, April 8, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Hello ;

It seems that you are using windows 10 enterprise evaluation. If you are trying to change the edition, please note: Microsoft does not support any way to convert the evaluation version to a fully licensed version of edition. You cannot change the edition using any method. If you want to upgrade to free 90-day evaluation of Windows 10 Enterprise version 1703, you can download it from the TechNet Evaluation Center.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 2:02 AM
  • I actually being Windows Insider, from Microsoft email for Windows 10 Insider Preview I thought Evaluation version would upgrade. Thanks for your revelation.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Thanks Rick_Li, I will download Windows 10 Enterprise version 1703 from TechNet Evaluation Center.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 6:50 AM
  • You are welcome.  Good luck.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:53 AM
  • Dear Rick_Li,

Please note:

Contrast to our messages, Microsoft sent me Windows 10 Creators update email for Windows Insider program, which meant only for evaluation purpose only.

I am 5 days ahead of general Windows 10 Enterprise users being Windows Insider, because Microsoft emailed me on 6th April, 2017, email also clearly mentioned Windows Creators update for Visual Studio / MSDN subscribers, not for general users because I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 trial version.

BUT this trial version doesn't locks after trial period lapses; how? I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Edition connected to Microsoft Account (not local account), trick of locking starts after I get online but doesn't locks if used offline  if logged in with Microsoft Account; for rest of use (checked 31st December, 2020); a $5,999.00 - New or $2,569.00 - Renewal question.

Correct this simplest loss.

thanking you,

yours faithfully,

Aniruddha

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:36 AM
  • Dear Rick_Li,

Please note:

Contrast to our messages, Microsoft sent me Windows 10 Creators update email for Windows Insider program, which meant only for evaluation purpose only.

I am 5 days ahead of general Windows 10 Enterprise users being Windows Insider, because Microsoft emailed me on 6th April, 2017, email also clearly mentioned Windows Creators update for Visual Studio / MSDN subscribers, not for general users because I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 trial version.

BUT this trial version doesn't locks after trial period lapses; how? I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Edition connected to Microsoft Account (not local account), trick of locking starts after I get online but doesn't locks if used offline  if logged in with Microsoft Account; for rest of use (checked 31st December, 2020); a $5,999.00 - New or $2,569.00 - Renewal question.

Correct this simplest loss.

thanking you,

yours faithfully,

Aniruddha

Hi ,

To get a better support, it is recommended to open a new case. It would attract other experts in this forum to join in the thread and it is easy to follow up the case. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards

Friday, April 14, 2017 8:20 AM