could not remediate my nap vpn client RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed nap vpn method but could not auto remediate my client all policies i have applied according to the technet guide

thanx

wasib ahmed Associate Infrastructure consultant
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We will need some more details to help troubleshoot.

1. What are the SHV requirements you are trying to remediate? For example, Windows Update, Firewall, Antivirus?

2. If remediation requires that the client access a server, have you configured this server in either IP Filters or Remediation Server Groups?

3. Please provide a list of the NPS and client events that you see during and after connecting to the VPN. It is important to know what connection request policy and network policies are being matched by the client. These are displayed in the NPS events. The client events can also tell you if the client computer is correctly reporting status and if there are errors reaching remediation servers.

4. Lastly, please verify that you have configured the Network policy on NPS to "automatically remediate" client computers. This setting can be enabled or disabled. The policy that must have this enabled is the one that your client computers are matching when they are noncompliant.

Thanks,

-Greg

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:38 PM