Eliminate Signature block from Service Manager emails RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to omit the signature block from incoming emails that are used to generate Service Manager incidents from being displayed on subsequent outbound incident notices.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:40 PM

All replies

• Do you mean the signature block in the body of an incoming email, which is saved in the description of the incident?

So there are two possibilities for me (depending on amount of emails,load of first level support,...)

1. Make an Orchestrator Runbook for this kind of incidents, change the description and send the incident notices.
    2. The emailed incidents come to the first level support, which gets the task to delete the signature block, since they also have to categorize the incidents. The incident confirmation email would be with the signature.

Eliminating the description from the email notification would be a technical solution, which I would not do.

Patrick Wahlmüller

• Proposed as answer by AndersAsp Thursday, March 6, 2014 9:25 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Thanks Patrick.   Yes I'm speaking about a way to suppress the signature block from being included in each notice related to an incident.   Option 1) Are you implying that Orchestrator has a way to automatically do this?   Option 2) You suggest manually editing out the sig block, correct?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:49 PM
  • There is no "automatic" script, since you normaly do not know, how the email - signature looks like, inspite you have an company standard. So I think this is very tricky and you have to develop that.

@2: Yes, that's rigtht.

Patrick Wahlmüller

Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:09 PM