Windows Server 2016 WSUS all client trough GPO show "not yet reported" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have fresh WSUS WS 2016. when I first install WSUS detected computer in group "all computer" with the status.

but, when I apply GPO from WSUS, I found all computer status show "not yet reported"

I already clean up the WSUS server wizard, bit seems no result

please help

Thanks

Regards

Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hello,

is there any issue if I install WSUS and SCCM separately ?

There might be. The clients might receive policies which prevent them from connecting to WSUS server.

However, since you have SCCM installed, I suggest you could use SUP to manage the updates. You only need to install the WSUS console in a site server and then install the SUP.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ichwan Lubis Friday, October 5, 2018 1:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

1. Check the firewall and ports.
    2. Run following script in evaluated CMD and wait a while, then check the result in WSUS. 

net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
    rd /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution"
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
    usoclient.exe startscan

If issue persists, please upload your GPO setting for further troubleshooting.

Hope above helps and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 5:27 AM
  • Hello,

I am reviewing old cases. Have your issue been solved or is there any update? Please feel free to feedback. 

Best Regards, 
    Ray

Monday, October 1, 2018 1:41 AM
  • sorry for late reply,

I already doing that task, but still same issue

FYI, I have SCCM installed on my environment, without Software Update point configured

Thanks

Ichwan

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:58 AM
  • Hello,

There might be. The clients might receive policies which prevent them from connecting to WSUS server.

However, since you have SCCM installed, I suggest you could use SUP to manage the updates. You only need to install the WSUS console in a site server and then install the SUP.

Best Regards,
    Ray

• Marked as answer by Ichwan Lubis Friday, October 5, 2018 1:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 8:12 AM