none
Unable to disable Developer Tools (F12) in Windows Home Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an Acer PC two weeks ago with a Windows 10 Home OS. Since the beginning, and using all browsers, the Developer Tools screen appears several times a day when I type. I spent hours talking to Acer support, but nothing has worked, including a complete reset of Windows. They sent me back to Microsoft, but as we know, that is like being told to go play in the traffic. The only proposed solutions I have seen so far are for the Pro edition, although I notice that customers with the Home edition have been complaining for years. I don't have access to gpedit.msc, so what am I to do? Hopefully some king soul will provide a workable solution for Windows Home. Thank you for your help.
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using a laptop with a mouse pad, you can prevent unwanted execution of context menu commands in IE by turning off 'double-touch gestures' in your windows Mouse Control Panel.

or

If you have not already done so, run Windows Update to receive the latest software updates for Microsoft software that you have installed on your computer. Depending on your windows version you may also have to manually update any device driver software.

If you have installed any third-party addons to IE (like IE8 pro) which use keyboard shortcuts or touch gestures, turn them off (Tools>Manage Addons) or uninstall them to see if they are causing the problem.

Home editions of windows do not include any Computer/Network Management tools like GPEdit. The default web browser settings are determined by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. (OEM) eg. HP. Home users cannot change the settings set by the OEM.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 9:38 PM