none
DISM Command Help MDT Win 10 Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I'm installing a custom Taskbar with MDT 2013. The custom taskbar with replace Microsoft edge with IE 11. I want to use the DISM command to do this because currently the Custom Task sequence step gets skipped. It works when I install on a virtual machine but not on a physical desktop. I want to replace the below commands with DISM Commands.

Command in MDT Task Sequence1: cmd.exe /c copy %SCRIPTROOT%\IHG\StartMenu\LayoutModification.xml c:\Windows\Temp

Command in MDT Task Sequence2: %SCRIPTROOT%\IHG\StartMenu\ApplyCustomMenu.ps1

PowerShell script: -startlayout -layoutpath c:\Windows\Temp\LayoutModification.xml -MountPath $env:SystemDrive\

Does anyone know how I can replace these command with DISM commands?

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:02 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:32 PM

All replies

• You could simply copy your layoutmodification.xml into default profile:

Copy-Item -Path $PSScriptRoot'\LayoutModification.xml' -Destination $env:SystemDrive'\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Shell'

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:28 PM