Your chat room access may be limited due to an outage - Skype For Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone.

This is my first post, forgive me if this question has been answered already, I've searched high and low and couldn't find the solution to my problem.

So I created a Persistent Chat Pool with Topology Builder, and then installed the components for it, then I started the Persistent Chat service.

Once that was complete, I then moved onto setting up the policy settings and have enabled the Global policy on PChat.

Now when I sign in I get  this message and it seems I can't create rooms either.

So taking a look at the UC logs I also found.

I'd be most grateful if someone could point me to the right direction.

Kind regards.

Aahmed2017.

Friday, December 2, 2016 5:37 PM

All replies

• Can you check the Persistence Chat State and post the results , also did you restart the server as well after installation 

Get-CsPersistentChatState,Get-CsPersistentChatConfiguration,Get-CsPersistentChatEndpoint

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:10 AM
  • Hi Aahmed,

Welcome to our forum.

Is there an error when you create chat room?

Please make sure there is no connected issues with SQL server, which is hosting persistent chat instance, and we could run the following command to check if there are any errors, post error to us for troubleshooting:
    Test-CsDatabase -DatabaseType persistentchat -SqlServerFqdn <FQDN of SQL> -SqlInstanceName <instance name>

If you find any discrepancy, please run the following cmdlet:
    Install-CsDatabase -DatabaseType persistentchat -SqlServerFqdn <FQDN of SQL> -SqlInstanceName <instance name>

There are some similar threads for us:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/2ba0fecb-d840-4a0f-806d-6c9cd7c4419a/your-chat-room-access-may-be-limited-due-to-an-outage-lync-2013?forum=lyncpersistentchat
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/3274694f-ad1e-4cdf-88ee-4401ff9f6e7f/your-chat-room-access-may-be-limited-due-to-an-outage-lync-2013-sfb?forum=lyncpersistentchat
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/2ba0fecb-d840-4a0f-806d-6c9cd7c4419a/your-chat-room-access-may-be-limited-due-to-an-outage-lync-2013?forum=lyncpersistentchat  

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Good Morning Guys,

Here's the output

------------------------------------------------------------------ Get-CsPersistentChatState ------------------------------------------------------------------ Identity : Service:PersistentChatServer:gmsfb01.contoso.local PoolState : Normal ------------------------------------------------------------------ Get-CsPersistentChatConfiguration ------------------------------------------------------------------ Identity : Global MaxFileSizeKB : 20000 ParticipantUpdateLimit : 75 DefaultChatHistory : 30 RoomManagementUrl : ------------------------------------------------------------------ Get-CsPersistentChatEndpoint ------------------------------------------------------------------ Identity : CN={715e47a0-b6b2-4db9-bd7d-49704629ed70},CN=Application Contacts,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=contoso,DC=local SipAddress : sip:GC-1-PersistentChatService-3@contoso.uk RegistrarPool : gmsfb01.contoso.local DisplayName : Persistent Chat Service CreatedByActivation : True Enabled : True ------------------------------------------------------------------

• Edited by aahmed2016 Monday, December 5, 2016 11:37 AM forgot to anonymise
    Monday, December 5, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

So here's the output for that test:

Test-CsDatabase -DatabaseType persistentchat -SqlServ
    erFqdn "gmsfb01.contoso.local" -SqlInstanceName rtc

SqlServerFqdn            : gmsfb01.contoso.local
    SqlInstanceName          : rtc
    DatabaseName             : mgc
    DatabaseHighAvailability : None
    DataSource               : gmsfb01.contoso.local\rtc
    SQLServerVersion         : 12.0.5000 SP2 Express Edition (64-bit)
    ExpectedVersion          : 1.42.1
    InstalledVersion         : 1.42.1
    Succeed                  : True

We have the SQL instance hosted and running on the same box as the S4B Front-End.

Having looked at the configuration side of things I am able to create the chat rooms, and under the hood here's what the logs say about it:

ms-diagnostics: 1003;reason="User does not exist";destination="GC-1-PersistentChatService-4@contoso.uk";source="sip.contoso.uk"

Thanks.

Aahmed.

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:50 AM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 10:39 PM
  • Hi Aahmed,

Please run the following command who login using SFB client:
    Get-CsUser <username> | FL PersistentChatPolicy

In addition, please run the following command on FE and rebuild SFB profile to check if the issue persist:
    Set-CsUserReplicatorConfiguration -Identity global -ADDomainNamingContextList $Null

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:38 AM
  • Thanks Jim,

This is what I get if I use the global command:

Get-CsUser ahmeda

Identity                    : CN=Ainul Ahmed,OU=contoso,OU=Domain
                                  Users,DC=contoso,DC=local
    VoicePolicy                 :
    VoiceRoutingPolicy          :
    ConferencingPolicy          :
    PresencePolicy              :
    DialPlan                    :
    LocationPolicy              :
    ClientPolicy                :
    ClientVersionPolicy         :
    ArchivingPolicy             :
    ExchangeArchivingPolicy     : Uninitialized
    PinPolicy                   :
    ExternalAccessPolicy        :
    MobilityPolicy              :
    PersistentChatPolicy        :
    UserServicesPolicy          :
    CallViaWorkPolicy           :
    ThirdPartyVideoSystemPolicy :
    HostedVoiceMail             :
    HostedVoicemailPolicy       :
    HostingProvider             : SRV:
    RegistrarPool               : gmsfb01.contoso.local
    Enabled                     : True
    SipAddress                  : sip:Ainul.Ahmed@contoso.uk
    LineURI                     :
    EnterpriseVoiceEnabled      : False
    ExUmEnabled                 : False
    HomeServer                  : CN=Lc
                                  Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=1:1,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Serv
                                  ice,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=contoso,DC
                                  =local
    DisplayName                 : Ainul Ahmed
    SamAccountName              : AhmedA

I deleted my account then ran this command and recreated my account from scratch, still getting the same issue.

Set-CsUserReplicatorConfiguration -Identity global -ADDomainNamingContextList $Null

Unfortunately, I'm still not able to upload screenshots on this site for some reason, but what I can tell you is that in the S4B Control Panel under my account I can see the Policy settings are set to:

Persistent Chat Policy: <Automatic>

Thanks.

Aahmed.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:21 AM
  • Thanks Shankar,

I noticed this occur a few days ago:

Source: LS Persistent Chat Server

EventID: 53503

Skype for Business Server 2015, Persistent Chat could not start due to the following exception:
     at 
    Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Exceptions.StopServerException: CmdID: 1774907c-1d95-44e2-854c-21f6e59ba64d The server could not restore db connection within the allowed time (00:10:00) using connection string: Data Source=(local)\rtc;Initial Catalog=mgc;Integrated Security=SSPI. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "mgc" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.prepareWithRetry(RetryInfo retryInfo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.prepareWithRetry(RetryInfo retryInfo)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.prepare(RetryInfo retryInfo)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.executeUntilSuccessOrTimeout[TR](Fun`2 executeDelegate, RetryInfo retryInfo)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.executeImp[TR](Fun`2 executeDelegate, Int32 retryTimeoutInMs)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DbCommand.ExecuteScalar(Int32 retryTimeoutInMs)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.SqlContext.ExistsInDatabase(String databaseObjectName)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DataAccess..ctor(IRepositoryContext repositoryContext)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.Database.DataAccess.SetInstance(IRepositoryContext repositoryContext)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.ServerServiceLocator.<loadLocateStrategies>b__1()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.ServerServiceLocator.GetThe[T]()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.DatabaseIsExpectedVersion()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.ServerBase.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.TransportServerBase.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.Channel.Server.ChannelServer.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.MgcServiceBase.startServer()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Chat.Server.ServerCommon.MgcServiceBase.createAndStartServer().

I haven't seen another one of these events though.

Aahmed.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 11:39 AM
  • Deleted
    Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi Aahmed,     

By this issue, we suggest you re-generate certificate on FE as the following snapshot to check if the issue persist:

If not, we suggest you re-initialize the DBs via Install-CsDatabase, please refer to the following link:
    http://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/skypeforbusiness/186-troubleshoot-missing-rights-for-skype-for-business-sql-dbs.html
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link. 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Thursday, December 8, 2016 5:21 AM
  • Thanks Everyone for their input and the assistance.

I've managed to resolve the error by reinstalling Skype For Business components using the ISO image downloaded off our VLSC site.

It looks like after performing this task and restarting the service for Persistent chat my clients are now able to login and able to use PChat.

As I'm new to this forum, I'm not sure if there is an upvote system or something similiar but I'd like to give credit to everyone here if that's possible.

Thanks.

Aahmed.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Monday, December 12, 2016 2:33 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 12:44 PM