none
Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials as a member server software licensing shutdown issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I have a 2012 R2 install that I also created a guest then demoted it to member server as the install within the guest VM. After 30 days running I'm now getting shutdown every 3 days and lots of frustration. I thought it was within license to have the host and an installed guest not a domain controller but WORKGROUP --OR-- member server. DO I have to demote this to workgroup? Server 2012 R2 Essentials guest should be able to be a member right?

Thanks

Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-ServerEssentials/Admin
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Windows Server
    Date:          5/1/2016 10:14:54 PM
    Event ID:      1280
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:     
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description:
    Critical Alert: NonDMCompliance is raised at SQLSERVER. <Title> License Error: Non-domain Member Check. <Description> The Non-domain Member Check policy detected a condition in your environment that is out of compliance with the licensing policy. This server can only be in a workgroup or be a domain controller.. <AdditionalInfo> .

<EventData>
        <Data Name="AlertDefinitionName">NonDMCompliance</Data>
        <Data Name="AlertMachineName">SQLSERVER</Data>
        <Data Name="AlertTitle">License Error: Non-domain Member Check</Data>
        <Data Name="AlertDescription">The Non-domain Member Check policy detected a condition in your environment that is out of compliance with the licensing policy. This server can only be in a workgroup or be a domain controller.</Data>
        <Data Name="AlertAdditionalInfo">

• Edited by gregtompkins Thursday, May 5, 2016 8:08 AM wrong forum reposted in right one
    Monday, May 2, 2016 5:11 AM

Answers