none
Displaying hours instead of days in PWA My Tasks page RRS feed

• Question

• Our customized My Tasks page shows values in the Baseline Work, Progress, Remaining Work, and Work columns with the days unit.  Is it possible to change this to hours?  Out tracking method is Actual work done and work remaining. 

The same question applies to Percent of work complete tracking method.

Many thanks in advance!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

you haven't mention the version you are working with. I think it's 2007, since default work units is set to days in there. Open My tasks as an adminitrator - Site Actions - Edit Page. Click on Edit on "My Tasks" webpart - Modify Shared Web Part. Expand Project Web Access in the right pane and change units for work to hours. Click Ok and exit Edit Mode.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

you haven't mention the version you are working with. I think it's 2007, since default work units is set to days in there. Open My tasks as an adminitrator - Site Actions - Edit Page. Click on Edit on "My Tasks" webpart - Modify Shared Web Part. Expand Project Web Access in the right pane and change units for work to hours. Click Ok and exit Edit Mode.

Does that help?
    Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Perfect!!  Thanks for the help!!

Chris

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:40 PM
  • Thank YOU Barbara!

That's is just too exciting.  I have never been fond of this view, but now it's got a new life.  

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

PS.  Now I wonder what other views that can be tweaked like this.

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:33 PM
  • Hi Michael,

it is the only web part, I always saw the need to modify. Note, that installation of SP1 and SP2 switched that back to default settings (days). One thing; I did on our internal system was to hide planned work from timesheets, following the description of MSProjectexperts on http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=8. You will find even more searching for "hack" on their site ;-).

Good luck!
    Barbara

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:11 AM